Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A time for change...

My last issue of the Kemptville Advance

Happy New Year to everyone. What a year it has been. So many changes with the roller coaster gas prices & economy and a wild weather year just for added fun. Environment Canada has released the top weather stories of 2008. You can view them at this link Top 2008 Weather Stories.

As the calender rolls over from 2008 to 2009 I am preparing to embark on another chapter in my life. I am leaving the Kemptville Advance after 8 years to move back home to Montreal. I will be sharing my time again between Quebec and Ontario as I have family in both provinces. My time here at the Advance has been wonderful, filled with awesome people and the daily excitement of a small town newsroom. Chris, Nathan, Paul, Connie, Doug, Theresa, Diana and Drew - thank you from the bottom of my heart, what a great group of co-workers. So much goes on in this community everyday. Kemptville continues to grow and I hope remain prosperous. It has a solid foundation of community groups and organizations none more valuable than the Kemptville Volunteer Fire Department. I just want to tip my hat to the guys and gals of KFD who go out in any weather and often grace the pages of our papers and this blog with their heroic efforts. Well done.

Keep supporting your local paper Kemptville - for without it you would loose an important voice. Thank you so much for all your kind words and support throughout the last 8 years. The blog goes on. I will continue to do my first passion, the weather. There will still be local weather and reports, that will not change. Check back often and drop me a line. Happy New Year to all.

Be safe, it will be clear and very cold tonight to welcome in 2009. Look for wind chills values in the -20's. It will be stormy out west and a massive snowstorm for Atlantic Canada. Ontario and most of western Quebec will remain dry. Drive safe tonight...

No comments: