Thursday, August 20, 2009

A heavy heart

I lost a good friend yesterday. Someone I admired and looked up to my entire life. My father was a tremendous man, always doing the right thing, solving problems with words not violence, and showing us his love in so many different ways. He worked hard his entire life and gave unconditionally to us. We never went without. Every Christmas, every holiday our house was filled with fun and gifts and food. He maintained our big home on the St. Lawrence River in Verdun tirelessly. He cared for his parents their entire lives. He is one of the driving factors behind my interest in weather. His quiet, proud way of moving through life has been passed on to me and my brother and sisters. Work hard, take responsibility and ownership, correct mistakes.
He died yesterday at the age of 80. I will miss him. Thank you dad for being you.

4 comments:

Mark'sWxWorld said...

I am sorry for your deep loss. Hang in there.
Mark Vogan in Scotland

Unknown said...

I am glad that the fates brought you to Montreal this past winter so you could spend as much time with your Dad (and your Mom) as you have in these past few months. I know it was, and is, difficult...hold on tight to those memories and know that your Dad will live on forever in your memories and your hearts. We love you! Donna, Skip , Holly & Emma

Unknown said...

My deepest sympathies on your lost.
Bill

Barb said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could be there for you as you were for me. I send my wishes to you and your family.
Miss you, Barb