Friday, July 18, 2008

KFD off to Pennsylvania

KFD firefighters responding to call of smoke on George Street in Kemptville yesterday morning.

This past April 10 my friend Doug from Kemptville was involved in a terrible accident on Interstate 81 in Frackville, Pennsylvania. It took the life of a friend and seriously injured three others including Doug. The accident hit a little too close to home, you see I rent off of Doug. Doug and a group of Firefighters from Kemptville will be heading south to Frackville this weekend to take part in a Block Party and Parade to say thank you. I would love to attend but sadly can't. This is my way of saying thank you as well, not only to those firefighters who helped my friend, but also to our group of men and women in Kemptville who give tirelessly all year to keep our region safe. Thanks! A full story is in this weeks Kemptville Advance (link at left) as well as at this LINK.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS: A line of fast moving storms last night appeared on radar just north of the GTA around 9pm. I was wondering if the complex would hold together, I received my answer at 4am this morning. The line travelling at over 100km/h raced east through Kemptville with spectacular lightning, and heavy rain. Winds gusted to over 50km/h with the storms. By 6am the storms had intensified even more and swept across the island of Montreal, covering hundreds of kilometres in one night and remaining for the most part intact. I am amazed at how fast nocturnal thunderstorms move. Today should be muggy with more storms by afternoon.

No comments: