Thursday, July 31, 2008

Off to the Races

Action from last years race in Montreal. I am pulling for Quebec native and fan favorite Patrick Carpentier. There will be three Canadian drivers in the field, Carpentier, Ron Fellows and Jacques Villeneuve.

It was has become a drone of disappointment we are staring down another long weekend with a not so good forecast. I am running out of words to describe rain. To make matters worse I am attending the NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Montreal at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve this weekend. It is my big racing event of the year, and if I can't deliver dry weather I will hear it from my buddies. Sadly we have an upper level low spinning in central Ontario, as it has been doing for the last 2 weeks. The air mass remains moist and very unstable. With that the risk of showers and thunderstorms will be very real right through Sunday. There will be a 50% chance of precipitation at any point this weekend, and higher during the late afternoons. Monday looks, at this point, to be sunny and dry with a high of 26C. While the weekend will not be a washout anywhere in our regions, the threat of getting wet is there each day.


Have fun, be safe, drive slow and please be good to each other....I am off to the races!!!

No comments: