Tuesday, October 07, 2008

This is my 200th post for 2008....thanks so much for reading and commenting. I appreciate you taking your time to read my relentless rant about the weather.

This morning we have frost. It appears to be widespread in North Grenville. The temperature hit -0.8C at 7am this morning. Above is my traditional picture of the first frost date, or at least scraping date! By the way I could not find my scraper, not cool for a weather dude.

A couple of notes this morning:
• My Red Sox advanced last night with 9th inning heroics from rookie Jeff Lowrie and Canadian Jason Bay to defeat the Angels 3-2 and 3 games to 1 in the series. They now face Tampa Bay in the ALCS beginning Friday.

• Tropical Storm Marco is sliding into rain soaked Mexico at this hour. The storm does not pose a threat to the US but will give heavy rain, flooding and mudslides to Mexico.

• Finally KFD and Merrickville Fire Departments were called to a major fire on Craig Road at Donahue Road in Oxford Mills last night. One of the Advance reporters will look into it this morning, more details later.

No comments: